Application Process for the MSW Program
We are now accepting applications for the Fall 2019 MSW program. Apply today!
Applicants for admission to the MSW are expected to meet the following criteria:
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a recognized national or regional accrediting association.
- A strong undergraduate record demonstrating the ability to complete graduate education.
- Commitment to social work values and clinical service delivery.
- Professional or volunteer experience in human services is preferred.
We strongly encourage you to have some prior experience in human services or social work (paid, volunteer, research, or internship) before applying.
Once you’ve met the requirements, you’ll need to submit:
- Completed Touro application
- $60 non-refundable application fee. NOTE: If you attend an open house the application fee is waived.
- An official undergraduate transcript in a sealed envelope
- Two letters of recommendation, in sealed envelopes, from professors or employers
- A written statement discussing your motivation, interests, and goals for pursuing graduate social work studies
- An interview is required. Admissions staff will contact you to schedule an interview once complete paperwork is received and reviewed.
Other program options
If you’re not sure about taking on a master’s program or want to enhance your eligibility, starting as a non-matriculated student might be a good option.
If you already have a bachelor of social work (B.S.W) degree, you might want to apply to our Advanced Standing Program.
Applying to graduate school is quite an undertaking, but we’re here to help. We encourage you to be in touch and submit your applications as early as possible.